Cabbage Soup

I sent this recipe as a reply but so many requested it I thought I had better add it here. It is "Cabbage Soup".

Janet's Cabbage Soup

• 4 cans chicken broth ( I usually have my own broth) in a good size pot.

Add:

• 8 cloves garlic minced
  • Ad
  • 2 onions chopped medium
  • 1 Small to medium Cabbage chopped medium
  • 2 carrots
  • 2 celery
  • 2 zucchini, ( everything kind of bite size)
  • 2 bay leaves
  • 1/2 tsp. cayenne pepper, salt and white pepper.

Bring to a boil and simmer 45 minutes

Add: two tomatoes (or lg. can diced)

Cook another 15 min and then I put either sliced pork steak or sliced chicken breast (again bite sized)

And simmer another 20 minutes. It is so good. I make it so often that I add any other veggies like sliced broccoli stalks, bag of spinach, container of sliced mushrooms (just any leftovers you have) along right at the beginning. Don't taste after adding the raw meat, until the meat gets cooked. This was a lose weight soup and I'd eat it any time of day. My husband likes me to add cannel beans (drained ) and elbow mac cooked then it's like a minestroni. Hope you like it!

By Janet B

Answers:

Cabbage Soup

Sounds yummy. Thanks for sharing it, I will be trying this one! (10/01/2005)

By grammar

Cabbage Soup

Cabbage Soup sounds delicious! I'll make it tomorrow. Note: about weight loss--- eating this with other foods can be helpful for weight loss BUT do not eat it as your only food source. Your body needs other essential foods to be healthy --- all from the basic 5 food groups (Protein, Fat, Carbs---YES Carbs, Vits. Min.s and Water) Carbs consists of Grains, fruits & Vegetables (ESSENTIAL for Energy production). You can lose weight by eating all basic 5, in small quantities. If you lose more than two pounds per week you are losing some body fat but also losing MUSCLE Mass. Not Good!

(10/01/2005)

By Paula Perrino, DTR

Janet's Cabbage Soup

We made this soup for last night's meal. Kudo's to Janet B. It is a delicious recipe. We made our own broth and added lots of celery leaves to the broth. We baked the chicken with a coating of olive oil and minced garlic. We also added 1 tsp. of curry powder. Highly recommended!

Thanks! (10/04/2005)

By Susan from ThriftyFun

cabbage soup in a cup
Cabbage Soup Recipes
Storing Cabbage
Storing Cabbage
Bowl of cream of tomato soup garnished with chives.
Freezing Tomato Soup
Growing Cabbage, Selecting Good Broccoli, Freezing Cabbage
Freezing Cabbage
Bok choy growing in a field.
Growing Chinese Cabbage
🎉
🎄