Can Fleas Live in a Person's Hair?

I have a dog and fleas live on him. Can fleas live in a person's hair? If so how do you get rid of them?

By Gariela from Prishtina

Go to your vet and get a package of Advantage flee treatment and use as directed. If you are not sure how to use it ask the receptionist who gives it to you to show you how. If you do not have a vet then your dog is probably not getting his shots and checkups as he should. This is all part of pet care that needs to be taken care of.

See past posts, easy kill with dry Borax in carpets. Leave for 2 weeks before you vacuum. No fleas for at least a year and a half. At least not in the house. Your poor dog should be taken care of first.

No, fleas do not live in a humans hair. On the rare occasion one might get on your scalp simply get in the shower and wash your hair and they will fall off and drown. Please do take care of your poochies fleas and get rid of the fleas in your house/yard.

Fleas do not live on your pet. They feed on your pet, and sometimes you. They prefer your pet because their body temperature is higher, but any port in a storm. They live outside, and when they leave your pet indoors, your carpet and furniture. If you have one in your hair, just take a shower. Then, see about ridding your home of the nasty things.

Walmart has a flea product that just came on the market and is cheaper than the others from the vets. Vets flea stuff is usually about 12 to l5 dollars a month and will fix the dogs problem. Use Talstar bag or liquid and dawn dish soap for the yard, in the house you can use permetrium 38percent 4 tablespoons to gallon of water and only have to do it maybe 2 times in 4 days that is to catch the eggs that hatch. This is the cheapest way to keep and get rid of fleas. I use advantagell and I have 9 dogs and 9 cats but still do the yard and house. On your hair just wash your hair in dawn dish soap and that will fix you, on the dog use dawn dish soap and vinigar in bath water & let them drown. I would do the bath or pay 5.dollars at vet for a pill that kills them but has no residual effect on fleas then work on debugging the rest of the stuff. The indoor spray can be used on your furniture and anywhere inside or out . Remember the more you vacuum also helps.

I have used baking soda, straight vinegar,lice tx,dog flea & tick shampoo,dawn, & a bit comb. I still feel them crawling in my head! What else can I do ? I've had my house exterminated & vacume every day since! I'm not finding any live fleas in my carpet! I'm afraid & so stressed out about this. Somebody help me or I'm going to go crazy!!!!

Getting Fleas Off People
Home and Garden Pest Control FleasJune 14, 2011
Man scratching his head.
Getting Rid of Fleas in Human Hair
Getting Rid of Fleas in Bedding. Upclose photo of a flea.
Getting Rid of Fleas in Bedding
Up close photo of red, wavy hair.
Homemade Hair Dye Recipes
Sink with hair dye stains
Removing Hair Dye from a Bathroom Sink