Candle Wax on Hardwood Floor

How do you remove candle wax from hardwood floors?

Donna E. from Trinity, NC

Answers:

Candle Wax on Hardwood Floor

(Sent in by email)

I just wanted to thank Peggy so much for your suggestion to use the blow dryer to melt the wax and then to use a paper towel to wipe it up. It works great. I used it on my hardwood floors, an antique bureau and also on a lace doily that the candle wax spilled over. Thanks for your ideas. (01/07/2008)

By ThriftyFun

Candle Wax on Hardwood Floor

My daughter spilled candle wax all over my hardwood floor, I read every single post in here. After reading about the Goo Gone, I discovered I had some stuff called Oops. I use it to removes adhesive from stickers and such. I put some on the floor and used a dry rag to wipe it off, took the wax right off, after I was done I got the rag wet and went over the area again. It didn't dull my hardwood or anything, worked great. Thanks for all your help!. (04/10/2008)

By Aric

Candle Wax on Hardwood Floor

Bug and Tar remover has also been found to be effective on removing candle wax spills from hardwood floors. (06/21/2008)

By Wags be gone

Candle Wax on Hardwood Floor

My fiance left a large candle on all night (the kind with 3 wicks) and it was all over the wall, molding, and hard wood floor. It had splattered all over the floor, which was really difficult to get off, at first. We were able to get the large pieces off by hand, but the iron just wouldn't get up all the splattered areas. We finally used a spatula, which got all of the wax up perfectly. There was a light residue left where the wax had been, so we used Goo Gone to get the rest up. Let the Goo Gone sit on the area for a few minutes, then wipe up. It didn't harm our hardwoods, and we didn't have to repaint the wall. (08/03/2008)

By Jamie

Candle Wax on Hardwood Floor

The warm iron and paper bag works great. I was even able to get the wax out of the grooves in the hardwood floor. Many thanks. (08/31/2008)

By Alice

Candle Wax on Hardwood Floor

Thanks. The medium heat iron and paper towels worked great on lifting the spilled candle wax from my hardwood floor. This method safely and completely removed the wax. (11/02/2008)

By

Candle Wax on Hardwood Floor

Great tips. I used the blow dryer and paper towel trick on a side table splashed with wax. Worked great. Took all of 10 minutes to get every speck of wax (there was a lot) out. (11/12/2008)

By Kitkat

Candle Wax on Hardwood Floor

We had a large amount of wax on our floor as one of our drunken New Years Eve party guests accidentally knocked a large burning candle off an end table. I took a multi step approach since there was so much volume. First I used a new wide plastic putty knife to get the major candle wax off our Brazilian cherry floor. I then used a small plastic pick about the size of a toothpick (which would also work) to remove the wax between the floorboards. I then used the iron/paper bag method described in detail on this thread. It still left a little surface wax which I removed with a vinegar/water solution (50/50) applied with a paper towel. I wiped small areas and quickly followed with a dry paper towel. I replaced the towels every few minutes. This got the last bit of it. (01/01/2009)

By MacQ

Candle Wax on Hardwood Floor

Used the warm iron and paper towel and it worked fine. First scraped thick amount off, the iron and paper towel took off the last thin layer of wax. Thanks so much. (02/23/2009)

By Hans en Donna

Red Chair on Hardwood Floor
Keeping Furniture from Sliding on Hardwood Floors
Engineered Hardwood Floor
Repairing Water Damage on an Engineered Hardwood Floor
Someone mopping hardwood floors
Cleaning Hardwood Floors
Removing Red Wine Stains from Hardwood Floors, Broken glass of red wine on wood floor.
Removing Red Wine Stains from Hardwood Floors
🎄
🍂