Floor Wax Not Sticking to Tile

Category Floors
If the wax you are trying to apply is not sticking evenly or thoroughly, make sure that the floor is properly cleaned prior to applying a new coat and that the wax is intended for the type of tile you have. This is a guide about floor wax not sticking to tile.

I have tired several times to strip and wax this tile. The wax came off fairly easily, but when I waxed it, there is streaking in places and it looks very dull. I used all new materials for this. Will it not stick because of the age of the tile? The tile is 42 years old.

Answers

Best Answer

Make sure your floor is completely dry before you apply the wax.

Best Answer

was it refinished properly? was it cleaned, etched, regrouted? in my experience if the grout is bad so is everything else

I agree with ungagnant. My parents had this issue and it was the grout

Since you are talking about the tile being 42 years old - is it possible you have vinyl flooring that does not have grout?

If this is the case then the most important job is through cleaning before before trying anything else. You may have several layers/years of wax and dirt/grime to remove.
If your tile is vinyl - here are a couple of good site to review:

www.bobvila.com/.../

www.wikihow.com/Clean-Vinyl-Flooring