Candle Wax on Hardwood Floor

How do I remove candle wax from hardwood floors?

By Alison from Colorado Springs

Answers:

Candle Wax on Hardwood Floor

Take a credit card and a blow dryer to barely heat the wax up then scrape the wax with the credit card. It should curl up around the card. For counter tops and things that won't easily scratch, use a light switch plate to scrap the wax (any kind). I used a light switch plate to scrap wax from my countertops and you wouldn't believe how wonderfully it worked. You can use the light switch plate on your hardwood floors, too.

Just make sure to keep it totally flat and don't press too hard so it won't scratch the floor. If you have a screwdriver you can simply take a light switch plate off the wall then, when you're done, wipe the wax off with a paper towel and re-hang it. If you use a light switch plate, you won't need a blow dryer, just a tiny bit of "elbow grease".

* I save those fake credit cards they send you in the mail and also the extra cards given by stores to be in their "club" for cleaning up wax. I keep them with my cleaning stuff. But for less than fifty cents you can buy a simple light switch plate at any hardware store and they work even better! (12/30/2009)

By Cyinda