Canning Apple Juice

Juicing your own apples and canning it is very satisfying. This guide is about canning apple juice.

An apple press making apple juice.

I want to can apple juice. I have juiced fresh apples from the farm. How long do you heat or boil before putting in jars?

By Marilyn

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Best Answer

I don't heat or boil mine. I just take it straight from the cider press, strain it, and pour it into jars. I've done it this way for years with no negative results. we prefer it frozen but there is limited freezer space.

Best Answer

My ball canning book says to heat just to a boil. Pour into hot jars, leaving a 1/4 inch head space. Adjust caps. Prosess 10 minutes in a boiling water bath.

Read More Answers...
Food and Recipes Canning BeveragesAugust 21, 2013
Grape juice that is splashing out of the cup.
Removing Grape Juice Stains from a Tablecloth
Canning Applesauce
Canning Applesauce
Jar of canned papaya balls in syrup.
Canning Papayas
Freshly Canned Pears Near Pears in a Bowl
Canning Pears
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on May 18, 2016 at 4:11:28 PM on 10.0.0.17 in 423 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.