Can't Remember The Name of an Old Horror Movie

I hope someone out there can help me. Since forever I've been trying to remember the name of a movie I saw when I was a young girl. One of the key actors in this movie I think was "Vincent Price" and all I remember is that he was in a coffin and the coffin had a glass case in the front so you can see his face. The only other part of the movie I remember is a woman also in a coffin and she was being carried down to a basement or a tomb and there were rats on the cement steps. When the woman woke (she was buried alive), she was screaming a scraping her fingers against the inside of the coffin.

I have bought and watched every Vincent Price movie that is in this universe and haven't found the movie. Which leads me to believe it wasn't Vincent Price in the movie. This movie is over 30 years old so this is why I am having such a tough time remembering more of the movie. I know this is a strange request, but this was a movie my dad and I saw together, we both loved horror films. He passed away many years ago, but I have been thinking about him a lot lately. If anyone out there is a movie buff and can help me with the name of the movie I would so greatly appreciate it.

Thank you to anyone who took the time to read my request and God bless you.

Adele, SI, NY

Answers:

It was Vincent Price and the name of the movie was
"The Oblong Box". Surely we are not old enough to remember this.

CJ in Dallas (07/05/2005)

By cjgeo

Here's a link on the Internet Movie Database to that movie: imdb.com (07/05/2005)

By ThriftyFun

The film is "House of Usher" made in 1960. (07/14/2005)

By Larry

I think the name of the old horror movie with Vincent Price is "The Premature Burial". An Edgar Alan Poe story. (03/09/2006)

By Helen

Illustration of two kids in costumes.  A witch and a pirate.
Making a Columbia Costume (Rocky Horror)
Home Decor Shop
Name Ideas for a Home Decor Shop
Young Boy at Daycare
Name Ideas for a Childcare Business
young woman standing in a small shop
Name for New Baking Business
🎄