Caring for Clear Glass Shower Doors

My husband just remodeled my bathroom and I now have clear glass shower doors. My sister says she had to buy some shower spray by Tilex to spray each time she takes a shower to eliminate water spots? Is there a more reasonable frugal way to eliminate this problem? I haven't used it yet, but I did buy a squeegee to use. My husband wonders if vinegar would work or a combination of that and water? I just love this website!

Thanks for any suggestions.
Starlight

Answers:

Squeegee

I had an entirely glass shower enclosure that stayed spot free for years - immediately after showering, put that squeegee to work - the spots appear because they are left there to dry. If you squeegee them off, they can't spot! (10/03/2005)

Car Wax

Try a good quality car wax, RainX or I have even heard baby oil on the doors to prevent soap scum build up and help the water run off the doors. Be very careful not to get it on the sides or bottom of the tub. (10/03/2005)

By dosize

Wipe Down the Door

I agree that the squeegee will work really well. Another idea is to just wipe the door down with your towel after each use. I had a glass door in the shower at my last house and had virtually no maintainance because I wiped it each time. (10/03/2005)

By Katie A.

Magic Eraser

I swear I love these things: Mr. Clean Magic Eraser's. Try them once and I promise you wont go back to using anything else on your shower doors. They work with only water and makes everything shine.

(10/03/2005)

By Tracey

RainX

For new doors, treat them with Rainex like for car windshields and the water will fly off. It is still also a good idea to use a squeegee after each use.(01/30/2006)

By Walter Kessler

Caring for Glass Shower Doors
Star shaped glass candle holder.
Cleaning Candle Wax from Glass
Bungalow style kitchen cabinet with glass paned doors.
Cleaning Glass Doors on Wood Furniture
Woman in Green Shirt Cleaning Glass with Squeege
Cleaning Sliding Glass Doors
Shower Enclosure
Cleaning a Shower Enclosure
🎉
🎄