Cat Spray Odor on Furniture

How can I remove cat spray odor from my couch?

Susie from Fernandina Beach, FL

Answers:

Cat Spray Odor on Furniture

The only thing that works is an enzyme product. Pet stores sell several versions of these. Nature's Miracle is one brand I have tried. The important thing is to NOT clean the problem area first. Cleaning dilutes and spreads the cat spray further, so is best done after the enzyme product has destroyed it. First thing to do is spray the enzyme stuff on thoroughly. You must soak the area with the enzyme product as deeply and widely as you suspect the cat spray to have soaked in. Then let it dry for as long as it takes. Then you can clean the area. I have used this stuff and it does work. Sniff - if you can smell anything, you did not use enough to do the job.

(07/19/2007)

Cat Spray Odor on Furniture

I used to own a Pet Store and I always recommended a product called Natures Miracle. Works great! (07/19/2007)

By Stephen

Cat Spray Odor on Furniture

X-O Odor Neutralizer
California Veterinary Supply
www.calvetsupply.com
1-800-366-3047

I have 2 cats. I found X-0 about 25 years ago and it works. It is a bit pricey but it will last a long time. The directions on the bottle say to mix it 50/50 with water, but I put 1 oz per cup of water and this works just fine. The best thing I have found for any urine is X.O. If you're not sure where they're spraying, just do a light mist about knee high all the way around the room. Use concentrate in the litter box to clean it, and then set out in the sun, this works for me.
(07/24/2007)

By BABBIE

A cat on furniture in a living room.
Cleaning Cat Spray Odor on Furniture
Man in Green Shirt Smelling His Underarm
Preventing Underarm Odor
A cat sitting on a couch.
Removing Cat Urine Odor from a Couch
Striped kitten with red collar.
Cleaning Cat Spray
Spray bottle of perfume.
Repairing A Perfume Spray Nozzle
🎉
🎄