Cat Urine on Leather Furniture

My cat urinated on my burgundy leather couch (in the corner portion of it). What do I do to clean it?

By Coley from MI

Answers:

Cat Urine on Leather Furniture

I have a similar problem, but with a chocolate brown leather sofa. Kitty did it between the cushions (of course they're attached, so you have to reach way down into the couch to get at it). I just went to the store and picked up "Stain and Odor Remover" by Simple Solution. It was the only enzyme based cleaner that did not specifically say "not recommended for leather". Nature's Miracle did say not to use on leather and their orange oxy cleaner didn't mention leather (was my 2nd choice), but didn't have enzymes listed on the ingredients.

The Simple Solution spray nozzle has a focused jet spray (which was great to get deep down between the cushions) or a wide spray. It smells mild and clean too, plus it can be used on carpets or in carpet cleaner machines. I saturated, waited 10 minutes and then wiped off the excess that hadn't dried. So far no color loss on the leather! *Fingers crossed* that the enzymes work and kitty doesn't smell her pee and feel the urge to re-wet the area. (08/09/2010)

By everjaded