Cats Not Using the Litter Box

I need some help; I have a cat the has a tendency to poo on my laundry room floor. The litter pan is in the same room. What do I do? I also have one that has a tendency to pee on my bathroom floor. He also pees in my tub. One day we also caught him peeing in the toilet. I have never seen this before. I need help to stop these behaviors.

Also I have one more question, I have Beagle that tries to ride my male cat. How do I get him to stop? I have a few cats. I breed Maine Coon and Muchkins. Could this be why, because there are too many cats? Help please. I try to find homes, but I need good homes, ones where they will take care of them. I can't see a cat or any animal get abused or neglected. I already have one cat that I took in that was abused.

By Bonnie

Answers

If your dog is neutered, he is showing the cat he believes he is dominant. This is normal behavior.

The first question always with litter box issues is, how often are they scooped? Cats do not like dirty litter boxes, or litter with scents. They also do not like to sink up to their ankles in litter. Many people use far too much.

There are lots of other reasons too, but that's the start.

Pets CatsJune 19, 2011
A white cat sitting on a couch.
Preventing a Cat from Peeing Everywhere
Litter Box Training a Cat, Tabby in litter box.
Litter Box Training a Cat
Homemade Cat Litter Box
Homemade Cat Litter Box Ideas
Cat in Litter Box
Cat Not Using the Litter Box
🎄
🍂