Cats Using Garden Beds As A Litter Box

I need help, my beautiful cats keep using my garden beds as a litter box. Any suggestions would be helpful.

Thank you.
KCRC

Answers:

Cats Using Garden Beds As A Litter Box

It seems that I read somewhere that cats won't go into a garden that has marigolds in it. Could you plant some surrounding the entire garden? Might work. (02/08/2005)

By Babs

Cats Using Garden Beds As A Litter Box

I've heard sprinkling black pepper around the flower bed will keep most critters out. (02/08/2005)

By Cheryl from MO

Cats Using Garden Beds As A Litter Box

Plant chili peppers or spread cocoa mulch for ground cover. You can get this at hardware stores, Home Depot, or Lowe's. Cats hate to walk on it. You need to move them about so they don't mold. Especially in the winter because of snow and rain, etc. I lived in Nevada and it cured my problem. No cats returned to that flower bed. (02/09/2005)

Cats Using Garden Beds As A Litter Box

Most cats like to dig and relieve themselves in areas with nice soft earth, so I would cover the area with a very thick layer of coarse landscaping gravel or similar material. If you have any plastic garden mesh for climbing plants I would lay that over the ground underneath the gravel as an extra barrier. You could also insert lots of 1 foot high stakes upright and close together in the affected area, that will make it very difficult for them to use the area as a toilet. (02/28/2005)

By Jim

Cats Using Garden Beds As A Litter Box

In Japan, they fill empty two liter bottles with water and line the area the cats want to use. I guess it works, many people there do it. I haven't tried it. (03/06/2005)

By Bev

A cat sitting in a garden bed.
Keeping Cats Out of the Garden
A siamese cat sleeping in a planter.
Keeping Cats Out of Planters
A gray cat among flowers.
Keeping Cats Out of Flowerbeds
Homemade Cat Litter Box
Homemade Cat Litter Box Ideas
Cat in Litter Box
Cat Not Using the Litter Box
🐰
🍀
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 20, 2017 at 6:08:26 PM on 10.0.0.76 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.