Cats Using Garden Beds As A Litter Box

I need help, my beautiful cats keep using my garden beds as a litter box. Any suggestions would be helpful.

Thank you.
KCRC

Answers:

Cats Using Garden Beds As A Litter Box

It seems that I read somewhere that cats won't go into a garden that has marigolds in it. Could you plant some surrounding the entire garden? Might work. (02/08/2005)

By Babs

Cats Using Garden Beds As A Litter Box

I've heard sprinkling black pepper around the flower bed will keep most critters out. (02/08/2005)

By Cheryl from MO

Cats Using Garden Beds As A Litter Box

Plant chili peppers or spread cocoa mulch for ground cover. You can get this at hardware stores, Home Depot, or Lowe's. Cats hate to walk on it. You need to move them about so they don't mold. Especially in the winter because of snow and rain, etc. I lived in Nevada and it cured my problem. No cats returned to that flower bed. (02/09/2005)

Cats Using Garden Beds As A Litter Box

Most cats like to dig and relieve themselves in areas with nice soft earth, so I would cover the area with a very thick layer of coarse landscaping gravel or similar material. If you have any plastic garden mesh for climbing plants I would lay that over the ground underneath the gravel as an extra barrier. You could also insert lots of 1 foot high stakes upright and close together in the affected area, that will make it very difficult for them to use the area as a toilet. (02/28/2005)

By Jim

Cats Using Garden Beds As A Litter Box

In Japan, they fill empty two liter bottles with water and line the area the cats want to use. I guess it works, many people there do it. I haven't tried it. (03/06/2005)

By Bev

Cats Using Garden Beds As A Litter Box
A white cat sitting on a couch.
Preventing a Cat from Peeing Everywhere
Litter Box Training a Cat, Tabby in litter box.
Litter Box Training a Cat
Homemade Cat Litter Box
Homemade Cat Litter Box Ideas
Cat in Litter Box
Cat Not Using the Litter Box
🎄