Cellphone Got Wet

My husband dropped his cellphone in a mug of coffee. Has anyone experienced this, and is there any hope for it working?

Zoombit from Atlanta, GA

Answers:

Cellphone Got Wet

I would take it apart as much as possible and let it completely dry out. I once dropped my phone in my washing machine that was filling up with water. It was completely covered in water. After I let it dry out I turned it on and it worked again. Yours might be different because it was not just plain water, but I would give it a try. (02/28/2006)

By dpcw

Cellphone Got Wet

I used a blow dryer to dry it out. Works fine now. (02/28/2006)

By az2010

Cellphone Got Wet

My husband dropped his phone in the bucket of soap he was using to wash the car, and did not miss the phone for over an hour. He put the phone in the oven on warm and left it there all day. It dried out and has worked fine for months now. (02/28/2006)

By dse77

Cellphone Got Wet

I knocked my cellphone in the mop bucket. Tried all the above and mine still didn't work. Took it back to Altel and got a new one. I carry insurance on mine now. (02/28/2006)

By Pat437

Cellphone Got Wet

Take battery pack out. If possible, let in air outside (though not in direct sunlight) if it is pretty and warm outside.

This happened to me (bathtub of water) and I immediately took it out. Cloudy outside so I hit it a couple of times with blow dryer on low and let it sit unassembled, so to speak for 24 hours. Works like a champ. (03/01/2006)

Cellphone Got Wet

Two years ago, on the day that my husband got his new phone (new contract) he dropped it in the toilet! Luckily, the water was still clean. LOL! Anyway, he took the battery pack out, cleaned it as best he could and let it air dry. The next day he put it back together, crossed his fingers and turned it on. It worked like a charm. His contract expired a couple of weeks ago and he got a new phone. But his old one never gave him any trouble. Good Luck! (03/01/2006)

By Margaret

Cellphone Got Wet

Thanks for all the feedback. He took the phone apart as much as we could and placed it on the back of his computer monitor for two days to get dry air on it. It is working as of now, but one can only hope it continues. (03/05/2006)

By zoombit

Cellphone Got Wet

It will work fine if you do not try to turn it on after it happens, that will blow a fuse. Let it sit for 3 days, and it should give you no trouble. But, if turned on earlier it may give you problems. (07/17/2007)

By jim

Cellphone Got Wet

I dropped my phone in the toilet. First you take a bowl of white uncooked rice and let it sit there overnight. Apparently the rice will absorb the moisture. Then after letting it sit, use a vacuum hose and suck the air out while the battery is removed. (01/17/2009)

By shelbyyxD

Cellphone Got Wet

Mine fell in water. I tried to dry it out but finally took it to the store and they said it was fried. Got a new one but kept the old one, and lo and behold a few days later it worked fine! (07/21/2009)

By nancyintx

Smart Phone with large drops of water on and around it
Saving a Cellphone That Got Wet
Wet Erase Marker
Removing Wet Erase Marker Stains
Calling 911 With Cell Phone
Using Your Cellphone in An Emergency
Cleaning Rust off of Metal
Removing Rust from Metal
Freezing Candy
Freezing Candy
🎉
🎄