Check Freecycle Before You Buy

This may seem like a "no-brainer" tip but I can't stress this enough! Anytime you need something LOOK ON Craigslist or Freecycle.

My boyfriend and I bought a house in Florida for almost half of what the previous owner paid (Thanks to our economy, unfortunately.) We both came from a rental property so we needed pretty much everything. He wanted a hot tub and started to purchase one retail but he checked Craigslist and found one for 1/4 of the price!

We have also bought all our stainless steel kitchen appliances for cheap off Craigslist. We found a roommate to help with the bills and I even bought Nutrisystem products for cheap off C.L. since I wanted to try it!

My point is that you need to break yourself of the "buying from store" frame of mind. I was a spend thrift until recently. Now I'm hooked on buying cheap.

By srahjayne from Orlando, FL

Answers:

Check Freecycle Before You Buy

We had a series of muggings in the next town over because people were conned into driving to a vacant house for an expensive item at a price that was too good to be true. Always go to pick things up with plenty of people! (04/14/2009)

By cookwie

Check Freecycle Before You Buy

For those who aren't able to get what they want through Freecycling, I also advocate thrift shopping. DH and I found a much-needed pair of dining room chairs last winter for all of $3 each, and my Craftmatic bed, while imperfect, is more comfortable than my old bed and a steal at $75. Of course we donated my old bed to the St Vincent de Paul thrift store.
(04/15/2009)

By JustPlainJo

Check Freecycle Before You Buy

I have offered and picked up many items via freecycle without a problem. Most freecyclers are honest about the state of the item they are posting. Most freecyclers in my area leave items on their outside porch/steps for easy pick up. (04/21/2009)

By dvg

Check Freecycle Before You Buy

By dvg

Unsubscribing from Freecycle. Using Freecycle. Vintage furniture and TV.
Using Freecycle
Background Check
Know What Information Is In Your Background Check
Nail Polish Spill
Removing Nail Polish from Carpet
A Christmas wreath made from neckties.
Crafts Using Neckties
Unsubscribing from Freecycle
🎉
🎄