Chihuahua Clothing Patterns

Making clothing for small dogs is a fun creative pastime. There are many sources for the patterns to make your pup a stylish wardrobe. This is a guide about Chihuahua clothing patterns.

May 14, 2006 Flag

I have a small Chihuahua and I need patterns to make coats, clothes, maybe some booties. He's cold all the time. Are there some websites that have free ones? I've checked some. Any help would be great.

Thanks!
Morningloryrose from North Carolina

I went to Hobby Lobby and checked the pattern section and found alot of patterns for dogs. There is some with dresses and coats.

Also we went to a Thrift store and found some premie baby clothes and they seem to fit our chi's really well. Our chi's are 2.3lb and 2.7lb. They are 7 months old.

If you go to a search engine and type in dog clothes patterns you might find some there.

I have made my 2 little chi's some beautiful dresse. Now the people that I met at Pet Smart has asked me to make them for their dogs. I sell each dress for 15 dollars. They are only one of a kind dresses. I never make a dress the same so that you can be the only one that has one like it.

i have been looking for patterns for my cat Grr and there are patterns at the following websites : )

www.bellaonline.com

www.Burkesbackyard.com

www.alibaba.com

Hope this helps : )

Tam

I would like to know that too. M chi/rat terrier is always cold as well. She sleeps under the comforter with me at night. She sleeps by my feet. If you find any free booties, please let me know. I would go to the ends of the earth for her. Her name is Precious and she is the best. Carole

I am 78 years old and my eyes aren't so good so I am wondering if anyone has second hand cloths (coats mainly for my Chihuahua, mixed with something else. The owner said he would probably get to 7-8 pounds as he is the runt of the litter. Please let me know if you have a couple old coats, I am going to get him in 2 days. thank you Eunice O'Neil granny-b AT comcast.net

I've got a dwarf bunny in the same size range. If you use the circle knitters sold at craft stores and in craft departments (the ones with the pegs) you can make a sweater for any small critter. Just look for a circle about the size of your critter's waist. I can't knit, and I made 2 sweaters for my bunny using this method:

Start by making a short tube for the neck, and then knit around 1/2 of the circle to get past the legs. If you have a girl, then knit a tube to just short of the hip bones. If you have a boy, knit a tube over the tummy, and then knit 1/2 the circle until you get near the hip bones. When the sweater is long enough, you with take it off the loom by looping the last loop back through the previous loop (etc. until you get to the first loop and knot off). All the circle loom books show how to do this. It took me about 2 hours to make a very nice little sweater.

I'm sorry that I don't have a picture - in ascii art it looks like 0-0 (girl) or 0-0- (boy) with the pet's head to the left and the 1/2 circle bits laid over the spine. You can create this look with crochet or regular knitting, too.

I got the original idea from:

http://www.crochetnmore.com/dogsweater.htm

but my boy's sweaters have an extra flap attached to the back for more warmth.

If you get rid of the sleeves, pet sweaters are easy. I hope you have as much fun making them as I do.

I forgot to mention that the small circle knitters can be used to make knitted booties (tube-sock style) - make sure that you double-loop them for more warmth.

The chihuahua pattern above is great, as it can be sized well. I know I have 3 chihuahuas 3#, 5#, and 13#. It works great. Thanks

Hello, check on ebay under used dog clothes sz xxs or xs they have clothes by the lots and cute ones, too. For the girls there are dresses, jacket, shirts and pretty cheap also. Best buy

Check ebay for used dog clothes sz xxs . They have clothes by the lots people sell and they are cheap. Some lots you will get jackets, coats, shirts, skirts, etc. Also if you want little boots look under dog boots or used dog boots, great selection, but measure first so your baby is comfortable. The tie on shoes are a pain, but the velcro closures are good. Look at the stiffness of the shoe, rubber sole on bottom and when measuring their foot include toenails.

Hello diar!

I've seen here a pattern - http://chihuahua-clothes.blogspot.c ... /12/hand-made-chihuahua-clothes.html

Maybe it's what you are looking for.

March 19, 2008 Flag

I need some instructions for sewing my own dog clothing. I have just recently adopted (well was given as a birthday present!) a 7 week old tea cup Chihuahua puppy. Now what I'm looking for is some directions for a jacket (I have extra denim from old pants) and a hoodie (I have old sweats i don't use any more ) some shirts and some sweat shirts. Any thing at all! Thanks!

Marisa from Santa Maria, CA

Answer This QuestionWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Well I figured it out on my own! So what do you think?

Cute! I've also seen small dogs wearing some baby clothes tops.

He will need a lot of clothes, I have 3 Chihuahuas, none are Tcup, but we keep the house cool and they shake and shiver, so I buy a lot of clothing on line for them. Ebay has a lot to sell. Your new baby looks like our Corky, he is so precious your little one. He will do his share of shivering. Starting him young to wear clothes is the best this way he wont fuss when he gets older. Love your baby to death as they have to have human affection. Sally-n-Tucson.

He's ADORABLE! But yes, I used to use sleeves of sweat shirts with the 2 holes - thats perfect! You may also be able to find some doll clothes that fits! (smiles) Here is my dog in his flannel we got from goodwill baby dept.

I found that it was cheaper and just plain easier to hit the clearance infant clothing racks. our dollar store even had a couple of cute t-shirts and onsies that could be altered - with just a couple of stitches here and there. Puppies grow so fast - they won't fit for long!!

Aw cute x would you happen to have a pattern you could send me via email to kittycat7777 AT hotmail.com.uk I also have the same problem tiny clothes. I want to make some for the chihuahua pup I'm getting. Your dog and her little top are adorable xxx

This is so adorable. I have a wee chi as well, and she loves her sweatshirt hoodie.Sshe also loves her jammies.

How did you do that? Very cute! I have a little black chi also, and I need to make some clothes for her as well to prepare for winter. The problem is, I don't know how to sew. Please contact me at: baby-popcorn AT hotmail.com

Maria in Santa Fe

You can knit a handmade sweater by yourself, there are lots of patterns, i like this one http://chihuahua-clothes.blogspot.c ... /12/hand-made-chihuahua-clothes.html

Crafts Clothing How ToJuly 15, 2013
Chihuahuas
Chihuahua Mix Photos
clothing pattern
McCall's Patterns Reviews
Pink crochet baby sweater.
Patterns for Crocheting Baby Clothing
Chihuahua
Chihuahua Breed Information and Photos
🎉
🎄