Cinder Block Planters

Cinder blocks are relatively inexpensive and can easily be stacked and arranged in numerous ways. Their holes are perfect for planting in or you can create a bigger planter by stacking them up for a raised planter. This is a guide about making cinder block planters.

December 31, 2016 Flag

This is a guide about making a cinder block step planter. Cinder blocks are great containers for alkaline loving plants, and work well to create a layered planter.

Cinder Block Step Planter - finished planter

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

March 11, 2010 Flag

My husband and I planted marigolds and herbs (dill, parsley and basil) in the 2 holes of each cinder block surrounding our small garden plots. This would be especially good for peppermint and catnip that tend to spread all over.

By Ellen from Ware, MA

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Read 5 Comments

June 11, 2011 Flag

I like to use old cinder blocks to plant things in. When they get big enough, I move them. It is hard for the birds to get into the block or the cats to dig them out before they have grown big enough to transplant. Here are how some of mine look in my garden, I am starting tomato seeds and some wildflowers in a few of them.

By Robyn Fed from Tri-Cities, TN

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Read 2 Comments

March 29, 2012 Flag

We have a few cinder blocks in our front garden. I plant things in them. During the cold months, I cover them up with tiles I bought from the home improvement store. We decided to paint them, and this is how it turned out.

We are going to try different paints, but we used left over paint by number paints, to begin with.

By Robyn from Tri-Cities, TN

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

June 24, 2012 Flag

How do you make a planter out of cinder blocks?

By Judy from Riverside, CA

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Here is a really cute project for making planters out of cinder blocks that we just posted.

http://www.thri  1194331.tip.html

August 14, 2011 Flag

I have a concrete slab and I want to build a block flower container in a square pattern on top of the slab. My question is do I have to use an adhesive to secure the blocks or can I put the mortar directly on the concrete and begin building the wall? Or other ideas?

By Sally

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Home and Garden Gardening ContainerJune 14, 2012
Broken terra cotta planter used to retain garden plant.
Reusing Terra Cotta Planters
Make Steps From Cinder Blocks
Making Steps with Cinder Blocks
Painting Cinder Block Walls
Painting Cinder Block Walls
Making a Cinder Block Step Planter
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 16, 2017 at 1:57:01 PM on 10.0.1.155 in 3 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.