Start Plants in Cinder Blocks

I like to use old cinder blocks to plant things in. When they get big enough, I move them. It is hard for the birds to get into the block or the cats to dig them out before they have grown big enough to transplant. Here are how some of mine look in my garden, I am starting tomato seeds and some wildflowers in a few of them.

By Robyn Fed from Tri-Cities, TN

What a great idea!! I've been wanting to plant a garden but didn't dare because we live in the desert along with lots of "critters" that would love to eat tender plants.

I think I'll try this technique to see if I can get some home grown vegetables this year!

I think you will enjoy it! I love using them, because it makes them pretty and also the animals can't really get to them and few birds will go to the trouble to get in there to eat the seeds.
Blessings,
Robyn