Cinder Block Planters

Cinder blocks are relatively inexpensive and can easily be stacked and arranged in numerous ways. Their holes are perfect for planting in or you can create a bigger planter by stacking them up for a raised planter. This is a page about making cinder block planters.

My husband and I planted marigolds and herbs (dill, parsley and basil) in the 2 holes of each cinder block surrounding our small garden plots. This would be especially good for peppermint and catnip that tend to spread all over.

By Ellen from Ware, MA

5 More Solutions

I like to use old cinder blocks to plant things in. When they get big enough, I move them. It is hard for the birds to get into the block or the cats to dig them out before they have grown big enough to transplant.

Growing plants in a cinderblock.

We have a few cinder blocks in our front garden. I plant things in them. During the cold months, I cover them up with tiles I bought from the home improvement store.

We decided to paint them, and this is how it turned out.

Painted terra cotta tiles

How do you make a planter out of cinder blocks?

By Judy from Riverside, CA

Answers

Here is a really cute project for making planters out of cinder blocks that we just posted.

www.thriftyfun.com/tf51194331.tip.html

Answer this Question

I have a concrete slab and I want to build a block flower container in a square pattern on top of the slab. My question is do I have to use an adhesive to secure the blocks or can I put the mortar directly on the concrete and begin building the wall? Or other ideas?

By Sally

Answer this Question

This is a page about making a cinder block step planter. Cinder blocks are great containers for alkaline loving plants, and work well to create a layered planter.

Making a Cinder Block Step Planter

Read More... Pin it! Was this helpful? 1

Home and Garden Gardening ContainerJune 14, 2012
🐛
🌻
📓
😷
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Cinder-Block-Planters.html