Cinnamon Coffee Recipes

Category Coffee
Cinnamon Coffee
The delicious aroma and taste of cinnamon is a great addition to coffee. This page contains cinnamon coffee recipes.

Sometimes I like to flavor my coffee without buying a can of gourmet coffee. I just use my regular coffee and make my own. Just break up a cinnamon stick in the coffee grounds before brewing. It turns ordinary coffee into a great tasting cinnamon coffee and no one will know that it isn't gourmet cinnamon coffee. Sure saves a lot of money not having to buy the gourmet coffee and I can enjoy it whenever I want something other than regular coffee. I'm ready for a cup now!

By Dorothy W. from New Creek, WV

Give yourself a no-calorie treat by adding a drop of quality real vanilla to your coffee. A sprinkle of cinnamon powder or pumpkin pie spice can also be added for those wanting a spicier fare.

Also, instead of buying chocolate coffee creamer, you can use plain chocolate syrup that you may already have in your fridge to your coffee along with a bit of cream.

Another favorite of mine is to add a tablespoon of Tang to my coffee. This reminds me of the coffee served with orange zest I was once served at a fancy coffee bar back in the early 70's (before there was Starbucks).

For an extra-special treat, turn your coffee into a dessert, by adding a squirt of whipped cream. A great way to use canned whipped cream left over from pot-lucks and family get-togethers.

By Cyinda

Instead of expensive flavoring for coffee, I bought a bottle of cinnamon sugar and sprinkle to taste in a cup of coffee. I also add different flavored extracts (rum, coconut, vanilla) to my coffee.

When you make coffee in your coffee maker, espresso machine or French press simply add a dash of ground cinnamon to the coffee grinds and make coffee as usual. You'll have a wonderful treat that's good with breakfast or dessert!

By Cyinda from near Seattle/Tacoma

A pinch of salt and a little bit of cinnamon in your coffee grounds in the morning makes coffee special. It also takes the twang out of the coffee.

Source: I got this advice from a friend that cooks a lot. His wife has a deteriorating muscle disease, please pray for April.

By Charles from Lebanon, MO

Ingredients

• 2 cinnamon sticks
  • 4 whole cloves
  • 1/3 cup dark brown sugar (firmly packed)
  • 6 cup water
  • 3 tsp. instant coffee granules or crystals
  • 1/2 tsp. vanilla

Directions

Break each cinnamon stick into 2 or 3 pieces; place cinnamon and cloves in tea ball or cheesecloth bag. In a large saucepan, combine water, brown sugar and instant coffee; add tea ball. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat; simmer 1 minute. Stir in vanilla. Remove tea ball. Makes 6 servings

By Robin from Washington, IA