Cinnamon Donut Chips Recipe
Sprinkle thin sliced, stale donuts, with cinnamon sugar, and toast in the oven for a delicious chip to have with tea or coffee or as a snack anytime. This guide contains a cinnamon donut chips recipe
Share on ThriftyFunThis guide contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
Oh, how I love when the day's fresh donuts get boxed up and put back out on the store floor for 25 cents a piece. You can make these scrumptious donut chips by drying them out, slicing them thin, and popping them in the oven. These guys taste like a cross between a sweet churro and a crispy bagel chip. I love to have one with my coffee and they're only about 80 calories each crisp!
Although I buy day-old donuts for this, I let them sit out until they go completely stale as they are easier to slice thin, and crisp up better in the oven.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
Yield: 12 donut chips
- 3 donuts, left out to go stale
- 4 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon powder
- Preheat oven to 375F. Thinly slice donuts vertically with a serrated knife so there are 4 pieces from each donut.
- Lay slices out on a baking sheet lined with foil.
- Mix sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl.
- Sprinkle 1/2 the cinnamon sugar mixture on the tops of the donut slices, then pop in preheated oven for about 15 minutes, or until they are golden and crisp.
- Let cool for a few minutes, then sprinkle remaining cinnamon sugar on top.
- If some slices are thicker than others, you can return them to the oven for a bit longer until they are crispy. Enjoy!