Chocolate Chip Bar Cookies
I got this recipe many years ago at my baby shower. Someone always asks for the recipe. Instead of chocolate chips, you can use butternut chips, peanut butter chips, chocolate covered peanuts or raisins, or plain raisins. Coconut and nuts may also be added.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
Yield: 16-20 bars
- 1/2 cup margarine or butter, melted and cooled
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 2 1/4 cup flour
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mix the ingredients in the order given.
- Pat into a 9 x 13 inch pan. I found wet hands worked best.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Cut into pieces to serve.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2021 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.