Savory Breakfast Squares Recipe
September 26, 2017
This is a casserole you make in either muffin or brownie tins. They are the perfect size for a snack, quick breakfast on the run, or even cold. You can even eat them with your fingers!
Prep Time: 30 Minutes
Cook Time: 15 Minutes
Total Time: 45 Minutes
Source: I find most recipes on line require more ingredients than I can afford, so I just came up with my simple one.
- 8 eggs ($1.00)
- 1/4 cup milk ($.20)
- 4 Slices bacon ($.75)
- 2 oz cheese ($1.00)
- 4 oz mushrooms ($1.50)
- 4 oz hashbrowns ($.50)
- Pinch pink salt (or regular) and pepper
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- Brown your hash browns a bit. While that is cooking, nuke or fry your bacon crispy. Spray your pan with cooking spray. Then divide them inside the pan and set aside.
- While each is cooling, mix your eggs and cheese. I used shredded cojack but you can use any cheese you like. Chop the mushrooms and crumble the bacon into the mix with just a pinch of pink salt pepper and garlic powder. Add the milk and mix well.
- Scoop some hash browns into each square. Then drizzle the egg mixture on top.
- Bake for 15 minutes at 400 degrees F. Poke with a toothpick or butter knife to make sure they are done. Top with sour cream if desired and you are ready for a delicious breakfast.
March 10, 20201 found this helpful
Sounds great.One question,can this wrapped and frozen.If so how to reheat?
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2022 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.