Savory Breakfast Squares Recipe
Using a brownie squares pan or muffin tin, you can make handy protein rich servings for an easy breakfast when you haven't much time. This page contains savory breakfast squares recipe
Share on ThriftyFunThis guide contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
This is a casserole you make in either muffin or brownie tins. They are the perfect size for a snack, quick breakfast on the run, or even cold. You can even eat them with your fingers!
Prep Time: 30 Minutes
Cook Time: 15 Minutes
Total Time: 45 Minutes
Source: I find most recipes on line require more ingredients than I can afford, so I just came up with my simple one.
- 8 eggs ($1.00)
- 1/4 cup milk ($.20)
- 4 Slices bacon ($.75)
- 2 oz cheese ($1.00)
- 4 oz mushrooms ($1.50)
- 4 oz hashbrowns ($.50)
- Pinch pink salt (or regular) and pepper
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- Brown your hash browns a bit. While that is cooking, nuke or fry your bacon crispy. Spray your pan with cooking spray. Then divide them inside the pan and set aside.
- While each is cooling, mix your eggs and cheese. I used shredded cojack but you can use any cheese you like. Chop the mushrooms and crumble the bacon into the mix with just a pinch of pink salt pepper and garlic powder. Add the milk and mix well.
- Scoop some hash browns into each square. Then drizzle the egg mixture on top.
- Bake for 15 minutes at 400 degrees F. Poke with a toothpick or butter knife to make sure they are done. Top with sour cream if desired and you are ready for a delicious breakfast.