Peanut Butter Banana Puffed Rice Squares
This is a little twist on a Krispie Treat, using puffed rice, bananas and peanut butter give it a lovely velvety texture. You can substitute crisped rice for the puffed rice, if you like. This recipe also doubles perfectly, just use a bigger pan or dish.
Prep Time: 2
Cook Time: 2
Total Time: 20
Yield: 9 squares
- 3 cups puffed rice
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 6 oz marshmallows
- 1/2 banana
- 1/3 cup peanut butter
- 1/3 cup chocolate chips
- Lightly grease an 8 x 6 inch baking dish and set aside. In a microwavable bowl, heat up butter and peanut butter in 30 second increments until butter has melted.
- Mash the half banana. Add it to your peanut butter mixture. Mix well.
- Add the marshmallows to the bowl and return to the microwave. Heat at 30 second increments until melted.
- Add puffed rice. Stir well until completely coated by marshmallow peanut butter mixture.
- Pour into your greased dish and press in tightly.
- Put chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl and heat at 30 second increments until melted. Pour on top of the pressed rice mixture.
- Place in the freezer for about 10 to 15 minutes to set.
CommentsRead More Comments
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2020 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.