Peanut Butter Banana Puffed Rice Squares
Try this tasty variation on Rice Krispie squares that combines the scrumptious flavors of chocolate and peanut butter. This is a page about peanut butter banana puffed rice squares
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
This is a little twist on a Krispie Treat, using puffed rice, bananas and peanut butter give it a lovely velvety texture. You can substitute crisped rice for the puffed rice, if you like. This recipe also doubles perfectly, just use a bigger pan or dish.
Prep Time: 2
Cook Time: 2
Total Time: 20
Yield: 9 squares
- 3 cups puffed rice
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 6 oz marshmallows
- 1/2 banana
- 1/3 cup peanut butter
- 1/3 cup chocolate chips
- Lightly grease an 8 x 6 inch baking dish and set aside. In a microwavable bowl, heat up butter and peanut butter in 30 second increments until butter has melted.
- Mash the half banana. Add it to your peanut butter mixture. Mix well.
- Add the marshmallows to the bowl and return to the microwave. Heat at 30 second increments until melted.
- Add puffed rice. Stir well until completely coated by marshmallow peanut butter mixture.
- Pour into your greased dish and press in tightly.
- Put chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl and heat at 30 second increments until melted. Pour on top of the pressed rice mixture.
- Place in the freezer for about 10 to 15 minutes to set.
September 22, 20161 found this helpful
To avoid the dreaded dry and mealy look of the chocolate, don't overheat and wait for it to LOOK melted. Add a bit of butter to the chips and stir vigorously after 45 seconds.
That way it will produce a strong, smooth and shiny cover.
September 22, 20160 found this helpful
You have such a good eye. I was so sad when I overheated my chocolate, but I couldn't let it go to waste.
It was also rather delicious. ;) Have a good day!