Cleaning Burnt Pans

I left a Revere egg poaching pot on the stove with the lid on and it boiled dry. Now the inside of the whole thing is black and the copper bottom is now very, very dull. Is there any way I can revive the inside of it and the lid?

I have tried baking soda with lemon juice, SOS pads, white vinegar, and it is still dark gray (all pieces under the lid). How can I restore the stainless steel part? I know I cannot restore the copper bottom finish.

By Elizbeth from Belleville, Ontario

Answers:

Cleaning Burnt Pans

I ruined a small tea kettle and burnt the inside. I threw out my tea kettle and I advise you to throw out your egg poaching pot. (06/17/2010)

By MCW

Cleaning Burnt Pans

We use Bar Keeper's Friend, as it really helps restore the finish of our Revere pots and pans. You can find it with other scouring powders, in the cleaning aisle of your supermarket. (06/19/2010)

By WildIrish

Cleaning Burnt Pans

Use ketchup on the bottom of the pan to clean the copper. (06/19/2010)

By dakota1275

Cleaning Burnt Pans

Boiling up some rhubarb in a burnt pan will clean it up beautifully. (06/21/2010)

By Daffodilchuckles

Baked On Food in Broiler Pan
Cleaning Baked On Food
Cooking with cast iron pans.
Cooking With Cast Iron Pans
Fixing Burnt Sausage
Fixing Burnt Sausage
Dirty Pots and Pans
Cleaning Pots and Pans
Dirty drip pan and stove top.
Keeping Electric Range Drip Pans Clean
🎄