Cleaning Copper Pots and Pans

Tomato Catsup

To clean bronze and copper pots and pans, I use tomato catsup and salt. It cleans quickly with a little elbow grease. I usually spray a dab of "cooking spray" on after cleaning and it helps to keep them clean longer.

By Louise

Lemons and Salt

To clean a copper pot, cut a lemon in half, sprinkle it with salt and wipe the tarnish away. This will last a month to six weeks. Makes keeping a shiny pot easy and beautiful!

By Annie from Michie, TN

Flour, Salt and White Vinegar

For forty years I have used the same homemade mix to clean my copper cooking utensil bottoms. It is an equal mix of flour, salt, and white vinegar. Mix to form a paste and put in a wide mouth jar. In the jar I keep a square cut from a sponge. When I need to clean, I open the jar and take the sponge out that is covered with the mix and wipe those pans. Voila, nice and shiny.

By Aline

If you haven't any copper cleaner, you can clean copper bottomed pots and other kitchen utensils with toothpaste and a damp cloth.

By Joesgirl

Cleaning Copper Pots and Pans
Cooking with cast iron pans.
Cooking With Cast Iron Pans
Copper Pots
Cleaning Copper Pots and Pans
Dirty Pots and Pans
Cleaning Pots and Pans
Dirty drip pan and stove top.
Keeping Electric Range Drip Pans Clean
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on October 24, 2016 at 9:23:09 AM on in 971 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.