Cleaning Copper Pots and Pans

Category Metal
Keeping those beautiful copper pots bright and shiny doesn't need to be hard. This is a guide about cleaning copper pots and pans.

Why buy expensive copper cleaner for those beautiful copper kettles or planters? Regular Heinz Ketchup does the job just as well.

By cipi2000 from Miami, FL

To clean a copper pot, just wet the pot sprinkle on some salt then cut a lemon in half, rub the pot and, walla, shines very good. I use this myself when I have no copper cleaner.

By Bonnie from Saint Petersburg, FL

Does anyone know a home remedy for cleaning copper pots?

By Sharon from Long Island, NY

Answers

Best Answer

Sherri, the best product I have ever used on my pots and pans is called CAMEO. It's a powdered cleanser; comes in a white plastic container and I've only found it at Wal-Mart. You will not believe how shiny it makes your cookware; they will look as good as new and this product doesn't scratch the surface.

Best Answer

Gotta add my two cents in for Bar Keepers Friend. I found liquid in the dollar section of our local Cardinal store but swear by the stuff in the can.

Best Answer

On my 50+ years old Revere pots, I have always poured about 1/4 tsp. of salt on the pan bottom and then added a small amount of vinegar and rubbed it around on bottom and sides.

As soon as salt & vinegar come in contact with each other you see the shine return!

Some people add flour to mix but I never found it necessary.

Best Answer

Having them bright and coppery sure does look nice, but it doesn't affect their performance. I gave up after a while when I decided that surely other things were more important!