Cleaning Fiberglass Tubs and Showers

I would like suggestions for cleaning fiberglass tub walls.

By waitress from Brick, NJ

Answers:

Cleaning Fiberglass Tubs and Showers

I use the Scrubbing Bubbles on mine, after I clean, rinse, and touch up any missed spots I dry it with a towel to speed things up. Then after completely dry I use car paste wax on the walls, it helps to repel the water and soap scum sliding down the drain! I only have to do this once a year, but remember for maintenance do not use a SOS pad or scratchy scrubbers or you will have to re-apply the wax again. Touch ups are fast and easy just apply where needed if it wears off in spots from everyday use. Good luck! I also use shampoo, yes shampoo to clean the glass doors and all of the chrome handles in the tub and shower, rinse well and sparkles like new. (09/13/2009)

By Beau D

Cleaning Fiberglass Tubs and Showers

The advice about oven cleaner and Magic Eraser was a godsend. I had given up completely on ever getting the shower clean again. After about 15 minutes of the oven cleaner soaking the soap scum came off unbelievably well with the Magic Eraser. After everything was rinsed off I touched up the tough spots with a second spray and wipe and the shower floor was literally as white as snow. Thank you for the tip! (01/08/2010)

By mtntalker

Cleaning Fiberglass Tubs and Showers

I have spine problems and asthma. I've been using shampoo while in the shower to clean the walls a little at a time, and it works great. Tub surround shines so nicely. But for a heavy cleaning job (like tub ring) I am going to try the oven cleaner. I can't seem to keep up with the ring. Any other suggestions? (02/23/2010)

By Terrilee99

just scrub with kitchen cleanser after every bath