Cleaning Indoor/Outdoor Carpet

I want to clean my indoor and outdoor carpet with ammonia, will it course a problem?

By Carolyn from Tampa, FL

Cleaning Indoor/Outdoor Carpet

Wash your carpet with gentle detergent and lukewarm water. Rinse by hosing it off. Here are specific problems and how to treat them:

Oil - Olefin tends to collect oil and can become dingy, so spot clean with dish-washing detergent solution and scrub brush, rinse, and dry. Good luck. (10/31/2009)

By kffrmw88

Cleaning Indoor/Outdoor Carpet

I am assuming the indoor/outdoor carpet is outside. If it's inside I certainly wouldn't recommend hosing it down! I don't say that to be mean to kffrmw88, but because a year or so ago someone asked a question of what to do after actually having used a hose to rinse their carpet indoors.

Anyway, ammonia is not such a good idea. Perhaps you could rent or borrow a steam carpet cleaner? (11/04/2009)

By Deeli

Cleaning Indoor/Outdoor Carpet
A package of cornmeal.
Dry Carpet Cleaner Recipes
Repairing a Burn Hole in Carpet, Upclose photo of carpet.
Repairing a Burn Hole in Carpet
Air Ionizer and Purifier for Allergies
Improving Indoor Air Quality
Cleaning Your Carpet Without a Machine
Cleaning Your Carpet Without a Machine