Painting Decorative Indoor/Outdoor Signs
Buying decorative garden or indoor metal signs can be not only expensive, but you may also not be able to find one with just the sentiment you are looking for. One solution is to make your own. This guide offers a detailed project with photos for painting your own unique indoor/outdoor signs.
Share on ThriftyFunThis guide contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
I found these very nice metal/tin signs to upscale for my home and outdoor garden. I looked at the decorated metal signs, that are to pricey for my taste. So here is my take on a decorative spin on them.
- metal signs
- spray paint
- clear spray sealer - I used Rustoleum semi-gloss clear spray
- craft paint
- sponge brush
- Take your signs and spray paint both sides. Allow to dry.
- Stencil on a decorative design (optional); allow to dry.
- Add stenciled wording or use plastic adhesive stick-on letters. Add spray sealer. Dry
- It is ready to display in your home or garden.