Making Fun Yard Signs
You can make your own customized decorative yard signs using plain metal signs from your local craft store. This is a guide about making fun yard signs
Share on ThriftyFunThis guide contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
At my area craft store I found some metal signs that would be great for making fun signs for my outdoor space. These signs can also be recreated on wood as well. These are perfect because they have their own hooks for hanging.
Total Time: 2 hours
- metal signs
- spray paint
- craft paints
- vinyl adhesive stickers
- protectant spray
- celery (optional)
- Because these are metal signs, Rust-oleum spray paint works the best. Spray paint your sign
- Let the paint dry completely. I chose to use a sponge and grill to get a dabbed effect.
- On one of my signs, I chose to do a floral design using a cut celery stalk as a stamp for a rose design background.
- You can use stencils or just free hand your own personal message using craft paints.
- Let dry completely.
- After the painting is done and vinyl stickers are applied, seal with a sealing spray to protect your work.
September 24, 20170 found this helpful
September 25, 20170 found this helpful