Cleaning Laminate Floors

I have laminate floors throughout my house. I was advised by a friend to not mop them like you would linoleum. Laminate is not sealed between the sections and the water will get into the wood and warp. So how do you clean it safely?

By Carol from West Milton, OH

Cleaning Laminate Floors

I use microfiber cloths, water, and a little vinegar mixed in a bucket. Just a damp cloth is all you need. I have a mop with a microfiber bonnet. I just toss it in the washer when I'm done. (09/30/2010)

By brandykins

Cleaning Laminate Floors

You can use water; we do all the time. But, you do not want the mop dripping. Add about a cap full of floor cleaner to 5 liters/1 gallon hot water, as hot as you can put your hands into. Then rinse the mop in the water, but then wring it out well.

I mop over the area twice, then use an old towel to wipe over the floor, to dry up any damp patches. (09/30/2010)

By alloydog

Cleaning Laminate Flooring, Red dry mop cleaning laminate floors
Cleaning Laminate Flooring
Pair of black boots and tennis shoes on a vinyl floor
Cleaning Black Rubber Marks on Laminate Flooring
laminate wood flooring
White Marks on Laminate Flooring
Someone mopping hardwood floors
Cleaning Hardwood Floors
Cleaning Laminate Flooring With a Steam Mop