Cleaning Nicotine Off Walls

Is nicotine a grease?

By Ann

Answers

To celebrate the new year we are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards for people who answer questions on ThriftyFun in January! Click here to find out more...

I am not positive, but my landlord, who has the apartments painted with semi-glossy paint, said he uses a de-greaser cleaner that he buys at a dollar store to wipe the walls down with. He's owned these places for quite a while, so he's probably tried everything and this is what works for him. He swears by it, but I've tried it and it seems to work so-so.

What I have a problem with is where pictures were hung, I cannot get that part to come as clean as the rest of the walls, therefore, it leaves where the pictures were hanging a brighter color. I've yet to find anything that will get the rest of the walls to the color of where the pics were hanging.

I've tried vinegar/hot water/baking soda, the de-greaser spray, ammonia/hot water/baking soda, ammonia/baking soda, oxy clean/hot water and possibly more I can't think of right at this moment. Perhaps I've not tried the 'right' degreaser.

Try spraying with a bleach cleaner (like Clorox Cleanup) then using a damp sponge, evenly spread the cleaner all over the wall, top to bottom. I've done that, and it's removed every outline and left the entire wall the same color. Just don't let it dribble down, or you will have areas that are a brighter white! Do it in 3 ft x 3 ft squares, overlapping. I use this on my white kitchen cupboards, cabinet tops and appliances. Works great! It has removed cooking stains (even beets and red KoolAid), nicotine, soot, and a million fingerprints! :-) Good luck!

Cigarette Burning in Ash Tray
Cleaning Nicotine (Cigarette Smoke) Off Walls
Home and Garden Cleaning WallsMay 5, 2014
Cleaning Smoke Stains from Walls
Cleaning Smoke Off Walls
Painting Over Smoke Stained Walls
Painting Over Smoke Stained Walls
Cleaning Blinds
Cleaning Nicotine Stains on Blinds
Hand holding a smoking cigarette.
Cleaning Nicotine from Wood Furniture
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 21, 2017 at 1:15:53 AM on 10.0.2.236 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.