Cleaning Oil From Your Driveway

Here's a method for cleaning unsightly oil stains from your driveway. Start by soaking the oil stain with mineral spirits. Mineral spirits can be found in the paint section of your hardware sore. Let it sit for 3 minutes and then scrub it with a stiff bristled brush. After scrubbing, lay some newspaper on top of the stain and let it dry. Then finish by washing the stain with the following solution: 1 cup laundry detergent, 1 cup bleach, and 1 gallon water.

Answers:

Cleaning Oil From Your Driveway

USE CLR (08/16/2006)

Cleaning Oil From Your Driveway

I work at a gas station, where we have terrible oil stains. We use a product called eximo on the concrete and it gets rid of the stain with very little effort. I've taken some home to test in my garage, and it works there too! :) It's also environmentally/people safe - which is a big deal for my work? (03/28/2007)

By cougarfan31

Cleaning Oil From Your Driveway

My homeowner's association tagged me for grease spots on the driveway. I tried many commercial driveway cleaning solutions and nothing worked better than leaving clay kitty litter on the spots for a few days. I just spread it over the spots and ground it in with my feet. To "kill two birds with one stone", you can "dance" it in, thereby losing a few pounds while you clean your driveway (so people don't think you are crazy, you may want to invite the neighbors to join you - otherwise wait till dark and then dance, dance, dance). The added benefit to the kitty litter is that it blends in with the color of the concrete, and you can leave it there till the rain washes it away!. (08/02/2007)

By carol

Cleaning Oil From Your Driveway

My driveway is asphalt. Will any of these methods work on asphalt? (04/29/2008)

By marla

Up close photo of a dirty driveway.
Removing Oil Spills from Your Driveway
gravel driveway
Inexpensive Alternatives to Paving a Driveway
moss on a driveway
Removing Moss from a Driveway
Disposing of Used Motor Oil, Used Motor Oil in a Gallon Jug
Disposing of Used Motor Oil
dirty garage floor
Removing Oil Stains from Garage Floor
🎉
🎄