How to Clean Spray Paint Off a Driveway

Category Stains
When working on a painting project in your driveway it is not uncommon to accidentally get spray paint on the concrete. This is a guide about cleaning spray paint off a driveway.

Is there anything that will take spray paint off a driveway?

Laurie

Answers

Best Answer

If your driveway is cement and not black top, you can just get a little bit of fresh cement in a bag and put "crumbs" on it like we did

By shari (Guest Post)
Best Answer

This might sound weird but when I did some crafts with spray paint and got a little over zealous with the paint, I had outlines of what I was doing on the driveway. One day, I took my stove burner dishes outside and sprayed oven cleaner on them and, amazingly, it took the spray paint off as well.

Best Answer

A wire brush and some soap might work. We used this on regular paint and it all came out. It took a little while but it did come out. Of course then we had a spot of cement that was cleaner than the rest!

By Bryce (Guest Post)
Best Answer

Get a steel brush from lowes and some goo goof graffiti remover. It took off a ten foot tag on my driveway.

Best Answer

Use Graffiti goof off! Worked awesome!

Best Answer

It's working! Yay! Goof Off Graffiti remover is amazing! Definitely use that.

Best Answer

I tried most if these, none worked for me. Might depend on the kind of spray paint. Anyway I didn't let the spray paint sit I cleaned it as soon as possible, I own a salon and do nails so I used pure acetone cuz I had some on hand and a steel brush, let it sit for a minute and scrubbed.

And it came off very well. You can buy pure acetone at most stores in the bathroom isle where you would buy nail polish remover. But they are small bottles if you have a large area, you can buy it at Sally's beauty supply stores in gallon size bottles.

Anonymous
Best Answer

The spray paint I was trying to get off my concrete driveway was overspray. It was left 1.5 days in cool weather before cleaning.
What you need:
Deck scrub brush (long handle)
Goof-Off Graffiti Remover
Liquid Comet w/ Bleach
Bucket w/ water
1. Spray graffiti remover until area is wet.
2. Use deck brush and brush area for about 5 mins.
3. Dip brush in water and scrub some more.
4. Squirt Comet and scrub some more, about 5 mins, dipping the brush in water every so often.
5. Fill up your bucket with water and wash residue. Use hose or sprayer if possible.
BOOM. Like it never happened.