Cleaning Plastic Off An Oven Rack

Boy did I make a mess. I forgot I had a plastic cake pan in my oven. Turned the oven on and the thing melted all over my rack. How do I get it off? It's on there as hard as a rock. It stands to reason that if I heat it up, it will melt but I'm not going to put it back in my oven to melt it. What an awful smell. Took a few days to get the smell out.

Any ideas?
Jenny from KY

Answers:

Cleaning Plastic Off An Oven Rack

Can you take the rack out and 'cook' it over the grill outside to melt it off? That way the odor would be outside instead of inside. (11/21/2005)

By chima0692

Cleaning Plastic Off An Oven Rack

In a well-ventilated area (or outside) try melting the plastic with a hair dryer. (11/26/2005)

By PAT

Cleaning Plastic Off An Oven Rack
Keeping Your Oven Clean, Young Woman Cleaning her Oven
Keeping Your Oven Clean
Mounting a Spice Rack on Your Wall, Spice rack hanging on a wall.
Mounting a Spice Rack on Your Wall
Man cleaning the oven.
Homemade Oven Cleaner Recipes
Spice Rack
Starter Spice Rack Suggestions
🎉
🎄