Cleaning Oven Racks

The best and easiest way to clean oven racks is to first lay some old newspapers inside of a trash bag. Next lay the oven racks on the papers then spray liberally with oven cleaner. I do this outside of my home. Then let them stay for several hours or overnight. Finally, rinse the racks with a water hose, dry them, and put them back into oven.

By Patricia Hamm from Lexington, NC

6 More Solutions

Get yourself a can of Easy Off for Cold oven cleaning. Have a couple of big 55 gallon trash bags and a stack of old newspapers. This will work on oven racks and grill racks, too.

Lay a barbecue grill rack on the lawn overnight--the dew will combine with the enzymes in the grass to loosen any burned-on grease. Try it with messy oven racks, too.

What is the best way to clean oven racks?

By Donna

Answers

Best Answer

Leave them in the oven when cleaning the oven.

Answer this Question

Placing dirty oven racks in a plastic trash bag with some household ammonia is an effective method for cleaning them. This is a page about using ammonia for cleaning oven racks.

A rubber gloved hand cleaning oven racks with a pink sponge.

Read More... Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes

How can I clean filthy oven racks without harsh chemicals?

How do you clean oven racks? I have a very small sink and the racks will not fit. I heard that if I clean them in the bath tub the gunk that you scrub off might clog the drain.

Home and Garden Cleaning AppliancesJuly 16, 2011
💘
🍀
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Cleaning-Oven-Racks-1.html