Cleaning Silverware

I had a mouse in my silverware drawer. The mouse is gone, but not the droppings. I need a way to clean my silverware without bleach, but I want to disinfect everything. Would vinegar and baking soda tarnish my silverware? Thank you for your help.

By Irene from Boston, MA

Answers:

Cleaning Silverware

I use glass stove top cleaner. Wash afterwards and then dry well before storing. (02/16/2010)

By Lorelei

Cleaning Silverware

Whatever you do, do NOT use hydrogen peroxide to disinfect your silver. It will turn it black and you won't be able to get it off! (You won't have any mouse poop germs though :^) (02/19/2010)

By Polly G

Cleaning Silverware

Just wash the silverware in hot soapy water, either in the dishwasher or by hand. Wash out the drawer with hot soapy water as well. There is no need to do anything else. Soap and hot water are better disinfectants than vinegar and/or baking soda, and certainly better than the combination of them, as when you mix them, all you get is salt water. (02/21/2010)

By louel53

Cleaning Silverware
A polished set of silverware
Storing Silverware
old silverware
Crafts Using Old Silverware
old silverware
Uses for Old Silverware
Finished Wind Chimes
Silverware Wind Chimes
🎄