Storing Silverware

Category Kitchen
Finding the best way to avoid tarnished silverware, saves a lot of work polishing. This guide is about storing silverware.

I like to pre-roll my silver/plasticware before I have company. I do this for every party. I like to use plasticware as it's disposable and now comes in such a variety of colors. I even found "silver" plasticware at a local wholesale store.

You can be creative and dress up a plain white napkin with a variety of colors of curling ribbon. You can dress up your rolled plasticware in hundreds of ways. Be creative! It's a great way to get kids involved and excited about having company.

I fan all of the pre-rolled silverware on a platter that is festive and appropriate for the theme. The pre-wrapped silverware can easily be stored days/weeks in advance and the leftover plasticware can be used for leftover/paperplate night or picnics in the future

By ellen hanson from Mascotte, FL

Running out of silverware? I even went shopping for another set. Discovered that I like the ones I have at home better, and realized that the new set wouldn't nest with the old sets. Considering the fact that the silverware drawer isn't very deep, this presented a problem.

I solved it by starting to use those small dessert forks whenever possible for small tasks (stirring coffee and for snacks) and we now seem to be getting along just fine without having to buy that third set of silverware.

By Holly from Richardson, TX

Can anyone tell me where to buy silverware cloth, for making bags to protect silver?

By Joan from Hudson, MA

I got mine at a fabric store (a chain that has since been bought out). It was sold by the yard and I believe it was Pacific Silver Cloth brand (brown). They kept it behind the counter with the interfacings and specialty yardage so you should ask at your fabric store.

I see it selling online from various companies as well.
http://www.silv  silvercloth.aspx

Several at (link too long):

http://www.vogu  p?productid=3579

Even on eBay:

Kaelle: Thanks so much for your prompt reply. I'll try the different websites that you suggested. This is for a project that I've been meaning to accomplish for ages.

Thanks again.

JoAnn Fabrics sells it, too----it's with the utility fabrics.