Cleaning Teapots and Tea Cups

Category Dishes
tea cup
Stains can develop on your tea service that soap and water might not be able to remove. This is a guide about cleaning teapots and tea cups.

I keep a saucer with baking soda in it by my kitchen sink. That way, when I have a cup which is stained, I can get rid of those stains right away with no fuss or bother. I wet my fingers, dip my fingers in the baking soda, and then rub them on the inside of the cup where the stains are. In a flash the stains are gone!

Source: I learned this habit from my mother and so I have the added bonus of remembering her every time I use the baking soda.

By Bellevillelady from Belleville, Ontario, Canada

I drink a pot of tea daily. My teapot and cup are white and get stained by the tea. I use a small amount of powdered dishwasher soap in the bottom of the teapot and cup, fill with hot water, and let soak for at least an hour and the stains are gone. You might have to wipe the inside of the cup or teapot, but the stain will be gone.

By Cheryl from Everett, WA

You can easily remove brown stains from ceramic by wetting and then sprinkling area with something from your spice rack: cream of tartar. Rub with cloth or rough sponge. For tough spots try again and add lemon juice if necessary. Makes surface shine.

Use White King bleach diluted with water or table or cooking salt. I find that salt definitely works.

How do you remove inside tea cup stains? Where in Abu Dhabi we find the supplies?

By Qaisar from Abu Dhabi, UAE

Try scrubbing with a baking soda and water paste or peroxide or bleach, good luck.

I use bleach in my dish water and leave it soak awhile before washing/rinsing. Stainless steel flatwear can be done the same way.

I use scouring powder and water paste, the scouring powder for cleaning counters and stove tops and the like. best to use the ones that are more gentle, check the label. Some have grit or something, others say they're safe for porcelain/marble, go with those.

Rub half a lemon on stains

Dissolve a denture cleaning tablet in to several cups of water and then pour into the tea cups and let soak. The stain should soak right out. I would look to buy these at a pharmacy.

I want to clean the inside of my chrome plated tea pot. How do I do it?

By E Cassidy

Try filling a container deep enough to submerge the pot with warm water, and put 2 denture cleaning tablets in it. Submerge the pot including spout. Weight it down if necessary. Let it rest 1 hour, and use a bottle brush to clean the interior. Rinse well. Hope this helps.