Cleaning a Down Jacket

Please tell me how to clean my down jacket. I don't have a dryer. Any tips? I already washed it and possibly made a mess, the feathers are all stuck together.

Carole Demry

Answers:

Cleaning a Down Jacket

You could try asking a friend who has a dryer to borrow it for a while. If you stick a canvas shoe (preferably a clean one) in with it most of the feathers should come apart. (04/17/2005)

By Sara Finn

Cleaning a Down Jacket

You could also take the jacket to a commercial laundry (do it yourself.) I don't think you need to rewet it. Just toss it in a dryer with a canvas tennis shoe, as mentioned previously, or a few tennis balls, to separate the feathers and fluff it up. Same technique works for down comforters and throws.

I love this website. Thanks to everyone who provides all the great suggestions! (04/19/2005)

By Claudia

Cleaning a Down Jacket
Leather Jacket
Cleaning Body Oil Stains on Leather Jacket
Hot Tea
Cooling Down Hot Drinks
Leather Jacket
Cleaning Stains on a Leather Jacket
Girl wearing a leather jacket.
Caring for a Leather Jacket
🎄
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on November 23, 2016 at 4:19:42 PM on 10.0.1.195 in 975 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.