Question

Share | Account | About
Share>Account>About>

Cleaning a Memory Foam Mattress

0 0EmailFollow
Pin It
Photo of a bed with a memory foam mattress.

Any kind of mattress can be a challenge to clean. This guide is about cleaning a memory foam mattress.

Solutions: Cleaning a Memory Foam Mattress

Read and rate the best solutions below by giving them a "thumbs up".

Tip: Drying a Memory Foam Mattress Quickly

If your mattress is very wet (having been dunked in a bath or used a hose on it), cover with towels and walk up and down on it until the excess is soaked up. If the mattress is only slightly damp (spot cleaned), do either same as previous or use a Wet Vac to soak up excess.

Finally stand mattress on side next to radiator and rotate as necessary. It will dry within the day. This has worked with single mattresses raging from 5 - 12 inches thick.

By

Give a "thumbs up" to the solution that worked the best! Do you have a better solution? Click here to share it!

Here are questions related to Cleaning a Memory Foam Mattress.

Question: Cleaning a Memory Foam Mattress

How do you remove odor and other type of deep odor from a Memory Foam Mattress

By Tom M from california

Question: Cleaning a Posturepedic Mattress

How do I clean and deodorize my Sealy Posturepedic mattress? It smells like sweat!

By Mary M

Most Recent Answer

By just jen09/06/2013

I totally believe in white vinegar. I would think on a sunny or dry day you should try to spray it on the exposed mattress (wash the cover with white vinegar in place of bleach and in place of softner)... cheap try!

Question: Removing Blood Stains on Memory Foam Mattress

How do you get blood stains off a memory foam mattress?

By Doug from Belleville, MI

Question: Cleaning Memory Foam Mattress

How do I remove sweat from a memory foam mattress?

By Linda from Belfast

Question: Getting Urine Off Memory Foam Mattress

How do I get the urine smell and stain out of a memory foam mattress?

By Judy from Lincoln, NE

Most Recent Answer

By erin [5]12/13/2010

I used natures mirical on my daughters new mattres when my cat peed on it. I poured it right from the bottle. It worked. No smell at all. great stuff for every thing. Got it in the pet store.

Question: Removing Smoke Odor from Memory Foam Mattress

My house caught on fire, but we were able to save my newly purchased bed. It is a memory foam bed and smells badly like smoke. How do I remove the smell without damaging the mattress?

By hopesanddreams42 from City, PA

Most Recent Answer

By angie08/28/2010

I would try a no vaccum foam carpet cleaner & get some hair refresher spray by tresseme fresh start. It gets smoke smell out of your hair without shampooing. Maybe even a catalytic oil lamp & use to clean purify & refresh room. A carpet cleaning company can maybe do cleaning for you.

Question: Milk Odors in Memory Foam

Milk was spilled on my seat, which has memory foam in it. I wanted to know if I am going to have to replace the foam in order to get the milk smell out. Is there anything else I can try? Please help me. Thanks.

Sheryl from Oklahoma City

Most Recent Answer

By Debi savicky03/02/2009

Go to your local pet store and buy Natures Miracle. It is guaranteed so no worries, and it works on any odor, on any fabric safely. It's an enzyme that will even remove skunk odors. I have used it for so many things, I would never be without it!

Question: Cleaning Memory Foam Pad

How do you clean memory foam mattress pads?

Kathleen from Houston

Most Recent Answer

By k w (Guest Post)02/28/2009

I suggest to use ammonia to clean most things, good luck.

Thrifty Fun has been around so long that many of our pages have been reset several times. Archives are older versions of the page and the feedback that was provided then.

Archive: Getting Urine Off Memory Foam Mattress

My son is still a bed-wetter and he and his brother sleep in bunk-beds with the "memory foam" type mattresses. I don't know exactly how to get the damp urine stains out of his mattress. Does anyone have any helpful ideas at all?

My son is still a bed-wetter and he and his brother sleep in bunkbeds with the "memory foam" type mattresses. About 3 times a week he wakes up in the morning to a wet bed. I've tried putting several towels under his sheets, a waterproof mattress cover, and a sleeping bag, but no matter what I do his urine soaks all the way through to his mattress. (I don't let him drink any liquids whatsoever after 6 pm and I make him use the bathroom at least 3 times before bed.) He's just a pee-pee factory! Anyhow, I don't know exactly how to get the damp urine stains out of his mattress (it's no ordinary mattress, it's absorbent).

Does anyone have any helpful ideas at all?

Help me please! ARRRRRGH!

Jo