Cleaning a Smooth Top Stove

I have a new smooth, black ceramic top stove. Does anyone have any ideas on the best way to clean it, or a cheap cleanser to use that won't scratch the surface? It would be nice if there was something that I might have on hand at home? I have a store bought bottle, but it isn't cheap.

Ann from Ontario

Answers:

Cleaning a Smooth Top Stove

I clean mine with Soft scrub. Works great!
(10/09/2006)

By Linda

Cleaning a Smooth Top Stove

I use CERAMA BRYTE that I buy at Home Depot. It is made for glass top cooking stoves. Does a great job and easy to use. (10/09/2006)

By Dean

Cleaning a Smooth Top Stove

I used baking soda works great. Make a paste, wipe it all over the glass top, let sit for a few minutes till hard then wipe off with warm cloth. (10/09/2006)

By SHEILA

Cleaning a Smooth Top Stove

I have a smooth top stove also. I've had it for several years. The booklet that came with it tells me to get burned off food and other things such as grease to use a single edge razor blade. I put a liquid cleaner on it first just for the moister and use the razor blade. It is wonderful. Does not scratch top surface as this was recommended in my booklet.Then use the stove top cleaner on it to give it shine and helps to keep foods from sticking the next time.It is still as pretty as the day I bought it. Don't let foods stay on your burners and cook something else over it, because it can leave pits in your stove top that will never come out. I wouldn't buy anything other than a smooth cooktop burners. (10/09/2006)

By katy

Cleaning a Smooth Top Stove

Mr Clean eraser, baking soda or Cameo cleanser. All work great! I use different ones depending on how much crud is on it. I don't buy the expensive stuff anymore. I have had mine for 4 years and it looks like the day I bought it.
Good luck :)

http://www.2ewenique.com (10/09/2006)

By

Cleaning a Smooth Top Stove

I use baking soda on mine and have for years. It looks like new. I also use a sample of laminate kitchen counter as my scraper instead of the razor blade scraper that was recommended in my book that came with the stove. (10/10/2006)

By Connie from Canada

Cleaning a Smooth Top Stove
Black smooth top cooking range.
Cleaning Spills on a Smooth Top Stove
Smooth Top Stove
Cleaning a Smooth Top Stove
Smooth Stove Top
Cleaning Stains on a Smooth Stove Top
Glass Top Stove
Removing Burnt Food Stains on a Glass Top Stove
🎉
🎄