Cookware for a Glass Top Stove

Any cookware with a smooth, flat bottom is OK to use on your glass top stove. This is a guide about cookware for a glass top stove.

What kind of pots can you use on a glass top stove?

By melissa from Houston, TX

Answers

My girl friend just bought a set of Wolfgang Puck stainless steel cookware for her glass top stove and before that she had a set of T-Fal cookware.

What type of cookware should I use on a glass top stove?

Janrose from IN

Answers:

Cookware for a Glass Top Stove

The same as any other stove. Cast iron, Revereware, teflon , it doesn't matter. They all work just fine on a glass-top stove. (01/11/2007)

By Dusty

Cookware for a Glass Top Stove

Be very careful of anything with ridges on the bottom. I had a non-stick pan with ridges on the bottom that scratched the surface. Make sure the bottom of the pan has a smoother surface. There are a lot of options with smooth bottoms. (01/11/2007)

By Fisher

Cookware for a Glass Top Stove

You need cookware with very flat bottoms. My Revere Ware has nice rounded bottom edges and I love them (have used them for 40+ years ) but the larger diameter pots have a tendency to "rock" when they get hot. I do have some Farberware cookware with very flat, straight bottoms which do not do this. I am a great fan of Revere Ware and I absolutely love my ceramic cooktop stove. Just keep it clean. Wipe up any spills immediately. My owners manual says sugary products or milk products can pit the surface if allowed to burn onto the surface. I've had mine for 4 years and it still looks like new and I cook a lot.

To prevent boilovers, when cooking pasta, potatoes, etc. just place a long handled wooden spoon across the top of the pot. It will "split" the boilover that's forming and stop it from making a mess.

I clean my cooktop with Ceramabryte. That little bottle lasts for a very long time and I use it constantly.
One last tip. Teach yourself to pick up your pots and skillets when moving them to another burner. Don't drag them across the ceramic surface. It will eventually scratch the top and I am assuming make it harder to clean.

By Liz

What kind of pans should I use on my glass top stoves?

By JEANNETTE KOCUREK from Hastings, MN

Answers:

Cookware for a Glass Top Stove

You can use any material for your pots and pans that have a flat bottom. Bottoms that have a curve to them have a tendency to rock and move on the stove. We use steel and aluminum bottoms. (02/04/2010)

By Deanj

Cookware for a Glass Top Stove

Just be aware that you have to be more careful about matching the size of the pan to the burner. I know on mine, you cannot put a pan more than 1 inch larger on the burner. (02/04/2010)

By Jill

Cookware for a Glass Top Stove

When I bought mine two years ago the booklet that came with it suggested 18/10 Stainless Steel TriPly-Clad Cookware, so I bought some pieces of Tramontina cookware and have had great success with it. The booklet also cautioned against using glass, or anything enameled, as it could fuse to the top. (02/09/2010)

By Jarron

Can you use Emeril cookware, All-Clad copper, aluminum, and stainless on a glass top stove?

By jack hartman from York, ME

Answers:

Cookware for a Glass Top Stove

If you use metal cookware it will make it crack. I did this and had to buy another cook top. Good luck. (12/29/2009)

By kathleen williams

Cookware for a Glass Top Stove

I used to own a gourmet cookware retail store, so I speak from a great deal of knowledge. The above mentioned cookware that you ask about is all fine. As long as the cookware has a nice flat bottom with no ridges it is fine to use on your glass top stove. Just be careful to not "shuffle" the cookware on the burner. I think it's best that if you have to move a pan around that you actually lift it off the burner to move it. So having said that, I think you can safely use All-Clad, Emeril (which is made by All-Clad) copper and any stainless steel, again, as long as the bottoms are flat and smooth. Hope this helps. (12/30/2009)

By Kathy

What are the best types of pots and pans to use on the glass top stove?