Cleaning a Sofa Sleeper

I'm in the process of moving from my apartment to a bigger apartment, and I recently came across a couch that is in good condition. It's a sofa sleeper, and it has a "kinda old man" smell. I saw a show one time about cleaning an old couch, it required putting something on it and wrapping it in plastic. Would anyone know what it is that I could put on it and wrap it in plastic? I would like to keep this couch and use it while I'm at this new place, sofa sleepers are expensive brand new.

Lori

Answers:

Cleaning a Sofa Sleeper

Not familiar with the program that you mentioned, but you might want to ask family or friends if they happen to have a steam cleaner for floors that has an upholstery attachment, my new steam cleaner included one. The recommended detergents that you use with the steam cleaners are available in formulas for "pet odors", "citrus", etc. It wouldn't hurt if you cleaned it, then left it outside to dry on a nice day, if possible. A bit of fresh air may do wonders. I would also spray it with Febreze.

Debbie from NJ (04/07/2005)

By Debbie

Cleaning a Sofa Sleeper

Sprinkle heavily with baking soda and let sit for a few days (feel free to grind it into the material so it works better) and then clean or vacuum the sofa thoroughly. (04/08/2005)

By Suzie

Cleaning a Sofa Sleeper
Sofa Bed
Repairing a Sofa Bed Frame
Sofa Bed
Sofa Bed is Stuck Open
Sofa Organizer
Making a Sofa Organizer
Sofa Bed
Finding Parts to Repair a Sofa Bed
🎄