Clogged Toilet

My 3 year old flushed a banana down the toilet. Now when I flush it, it drains down slow and it will back up. If any one has any ideas on how to unclog it please let me know. I have tried for two days to plunge it but no luck.

Sheena from Chattanooga, TN

Answers:

Clogged Toilet

Dishwasher soap and hot water really worked. I had the most mysterious clog, because it just basically wouldn't flush. I used Joy dishwashing soap, hot water, plunged it, and its gone. Amazing. Thanks so much everyone. (05/21/2009)

By cards2009

Clogged Toilet

I don't usually post on boards like this, but after using the suggestion of dish soap and hot water I just had to tell people to try it. I had snaked my toilet twice, plunged it several times, and it just wouldn't budge. Then I read about the dish soap and hot water fix. I used Palmolive, poured it as directly into the hole as possible. I didn't boil the water because I was afraid it would crack the bowl, just got it really hot, poured that in, and plunged. It worked really quickly. Thanks all. (06/03/2009)

By debtn

Clogged Toilet
toilet plunger
Fixing a Clogged Toilet
Bar of Soap Stuck in a Toilet
Bar of Soap Stuck in Toilet
Toilet Brush Head
Toilet Brush Head Stuck in Toilet
Saving Money on Toilet Paper
Saving Money on Toilet Paper
🎉
🎄