Using Mouthwash to Unclog a Toilet

Category Plumbing
Mouthwash can be effective for helping unclog certain types of toilet clogs. This is a guide about mouthwash to unclog a toilet.

Scoopable kitty litter was put in toilet. Wouldn't go down, your website told me to use mouthwash. I had a few ounces of mouthwash. I poured it in plunged and it flushed. I was truly amazed!. I had been plunging and flushing and nothing. I put in a little mouthwash and away it went. Next I was going to try dish soap and hot water. I didn't need to.

Source: www.thriftyfun.com. I had done a search for "clogged toilet" and found your website and it told me to try mouthwash. It worked. Thank you so much.

By Darlene from Pittsfield, ME

This worked surprisingly well for me but when I tried using the toilet again afterwards it arill backed up. How often can I use the mouthwash to unclog the drain?

Mouthwash truly worked i couldn't believe it.

This IS amazing same thing happened to me and was about to try the baking soda-vinegar solution that takes hours to see if it worked, but saw mouthwash idea and thought it doesn't hurt to try. Poured some in the toilet, waited about 1 minute and flushed. WHOOSH! Unclogged immediately! Thanks for the tip.