Clogged Toilet

My daughter dropped half the plastic toilet paper roll holder down the toilet. Now of course the toilet will not flush. Is there any way to clear the toilet with out taking the toilet apart or calling a plumber? My husband is dreading the possibility of taking the toilet apart. Looking for some help.

By pumy from Cleveland

Answers:

Clogged Toilet

If you can not reach the roller you will have to take the toilet apart. If your child is so young she doesn't know yet not to drop things into the toilet it isn't safe for her to be in the bathroom alone. GeT a toilet lid lock for the future. (08/20/2009)

By Lindal

Clogged Toilet

Yes will have to take the toilet apart, but be sure to have another wax ring for sealing the bottom when you put the toilet back on the floor. (08/20/2009)

By rainy21

Clogged Toilet

Use what is called a plumbers snake it has a coil wire that you crank down into the bowl until you find the blockage then just roll it back in and bring the blockage out. (08/20/2009)

By dcsprsmm

Clogged Toilet

My husband took a wire coat hanger and bent a hook on the end to use on a couple of occasions when our grandson put a toy or something in the toilet that we had to try to "fish out". It took quite a bit of time, and work, on the one toy, but he finally hooked it. (08/21/2009)

By emmamamie

Clogged Toilet

Do not use boiling water in a cold commode. My dad is a plumber and it will crack the bowl. It could even shatter it. Go to a hardware store and buy a snake or some kind of plumbing tool to "fish" out the clog or break it. (09/09/2009)

By lilxplrer

Clogged Toilet

So, I frantically Googled "clogged toilet", after my husband tried relentlessly to get our pooper to break free. We had such a mess. I picked up an auger at Home Depot for $8, and thought it would do the trick. After 2 hours of plunging, an hour of cranking an auger and countless times flushing with our fingers crossed only to have the yucky water rise to the rim, I was about to give up and call that bathroom "off limits".

Then I read the posts about Dawn. Amazing. It really worked. I poured it down, followed it by hot water and my husband went to plunging. That beautiful gurgling sound was music to my ears. No more clog. Thank you. (10/10/2009)

By HappyPoster

Clogged Toilet
toilet plunger
Fixing a Clogged Toilet
Bar of Soap Stuck in a Toilet
Bar of Soap Stuck in Toilet
Toilet Brush Head
Toilet Brush Head Stuck in Toilet
Saving Money on Toilet Paper
Saving Money on Toilet Paper
🎉
🎄