Cooking Corn in the Microwave

Here is the easiest way I know to enjoy delicious corn on the cob. Leave the corn with the husk on it just like when you picked it and only cut the tassel end off. Lay the ear of corn in the microwave, uncovered. Cook 4 minutes per ear. When the 4 minutes are up, grab the corn (watch out, it is hot!) and pull the shuck off, butter and EAT! It is wonderful and too easy! The husks remove with no effort and there is no boiling, grilling, etc. Try it!

By Pam from New Canton, VA

Answers:

Cooking Corn in the Microwave

When I first heard about this a few years ago, I was dubious as many "shortcuts" in the microwave turned out overcooked, etc. But this really works! I especially like the way the silks come off so easily. I would suggest that one cut off the bottom as well and shuck down to about two thicknesses before cooking. The corn is very hot and holding it while cutting and shucking is difficult. If this way is used, cook for only two minutes per ear--and no more than three ears at a time. The corn will hold its heat for 30 minutes, so several ears may be cooked before serving. Enjoy! (08/14/2006)

By Exasperated

Cooking Corn in the Microwave

We shuck and clean our corn, then wrap it in a paper towel and microwave each ear for 1 minute on high. (08/15/2006)

By Bill, KS

Cooking Corn in the Microwave
A carved turkey breast.
Cooking a Turkey Breast in the Microwave
Quiche Being Served on White Plate
Microwave Quiche Recipes
Cooking bacon in microwave.
Cooking Bacon in the Microwave
🎉
🎄