Question
Browse>Contests>Ask>Share>Newsletters>Account>About>

Cowboy Craft Ideas

0 0EmailFollow
Pin It
Cowboy Craft

A western theme is fun for many kinds of craft projects. This guide contains cowboy craft ideas.

Here are questions related to Cowboy Craft Ideas.

Question: Cowboy or Western Crafts for Vacation Bible School

I am in charge of crafts this year for VBS (Vacation Bible School) for kids 4th through 6th grade. We have a cowboy theme, "Ropin for Jesus". I need to decorate our room so I'm looking for some cowboy/western craft ideas that are inexpensive.

Thank you so much in advance and God bless!

By Joyce H.

Most Recent Answer

By Heather Krucker [10]07/15/2011

Foam picture frame or poster board "Wanted by God" at the top and then add western stickers.
Stationery. "I'll Stick with Jesus" draw a cactus on it. I'm sure you can come up with more. :)
Paper grocery bags, make western vests out of them
White t-shirts, paint with western stamps (oriental trading)
Danielle's Place is my favorite site for craft ideas.
Oriental trading, you don't always have to order, make your own patterns on poster board.

Question: Cowboy Craft Ideas

I am in charge of crafts this year for VBS (Vacation Bible School) for kids Pre-K through 6th grade. We have a cowboy theme, so I need some cowboy craft ideas that are very inexpensive and can be adapted for all age groups.

Thank you!

April from NW Missouri

Best Answers

By Dana Sipe [21]06/10/2008

Our bible school this year is cowboy themed too. Here are some of my ideas:

Sheriff badges made from empty Pringles containers. Cut down the side of the container and cut off the bottom. Then you have one big piece of silver cardboard. Make star shapes on the opposite side of the silver cardboard. I got 9 stars per container. Hot glue pins on each star and use them as name tags for the kids and helpers.

Cactus piggy banks made from an empty juicy juice container. Paint it green and hot glue on green foam for the arms. Make eyes, nose and mouth from an old egg carton and glue on. I used a scrap piece of tissue paper for his bandana and glued on a star for his badge. Found an old straw hat in my craft drawer for his hat but for VBS will make cowboy hats from Styrofoam cups that you melt in the oven. Here are the directions: http://www.freekidscrafts.com/styrofoam_cup_spring_hats-e331.html Then paint the hats brown. Cut a slit in the back and you have a cactus bank. Here's a picture of the cactus.

orientaltrading.com has lots of western themed religious crafts also

Hope these ideas help

Sheriff's Badges and Cactus Banks

Best Answers

By Sandie in Ohio (Guest Post)06/04/2008

Last year our theme was Cowboys for our VBS. Our leader got tube socks, stuffed them half way and put it on a dowl rod. Along the 'neck' she glued on cut brown yarn for the mane. After they dried the first day, they had 'giddy' up ponies for the rest of the week. Good luck

Solutions: Cowboy Craft Ideas

Do you have knowledge about this guide topic? Feel free to share a solution!