Cowboy Themed Party Ideas

Category Birthday
A boy dressed as a cowboy.
A fun birthday party for youngsters can have a cowboy things and activities. This guide contains cowboy themed party ideas.

My son is turning 10 and he would like to have a cowboy/outlaw birthday party. I am on a very tight budget and was wondering if anyone had any suggestions for games, food ect.
Thanks for the help!

bradandjennifer

Anonymous

-Pin the hat on the cowboy.

-Make WANTED signs, if you have a digital camera you could print pictures of each person and glue on a paper or have each person bring a picture of them selves or just have everyone draw pictures.

-Ropes to do a lasso contest

Food: baked beans and weenies, chili. If there is any way for you to have a bon fire cook the food on the fire. Travel to a camp site for the day to have the party!

hopefully some of this helps,

Stella

Have a scavenger hunt, using a brown paper bag. Cut out odd shapes for old looking maps. burn the edge of the paper to make it look cool. draw the map for the hunt.. roll the paper up and tie it with straw or twine. Tell them ,they are to follow the map.. make sure you add cross bones and moonshine stils

Buy cheap bandanas, put different marking on them for a door prize, AFTER they use them for napkins.. watch them open their dirty hankies , looking for a star, boot, gun, horse, rope, wagon, pichfork or anything else you can think of. make them small on the bandans so they don't know it's there untill you tell them about the door prize!!! great fun. It is something they can keep as well.

You could get a rocking horse and have a rope made into a lasso. Have it where each boy/girl can stand at a certain distance and try their best to lasso the horse's head. The one that does, wins the prize. I'd put this further out in the yard or away from the festivities, for just in case.

Serve food in aluminum pie tins, something like hot "dogies and campfire beans. Rustlers punch, cowboy hat shaped cake. Red and white checked picnic tablecloth, Have kids come dressed as cowboys, make a couple of "stick horses from old socks, stuffed and attached to broomstick, add button eyes and yarn mane and have relay races, barrel races, etc. You could even have the klids make their own stick horses, lay out supplies, make a sample and help as needed and then have a "horse show" with sherif badge prizes for funniest, most handsome, ugliest, most falling apart...

Wonderful ideas!

Thank you.

:)

Kids can also "pan for gold" in a sandbox or pool. Simply use a gold spray paint on small gravel or rocks to create a gold nugget look.

Dee

http://www.fun-  theme-party.html

You can usually find plastic horse-shoe game sets at the dollar store and depending on budget, this is the perfect party to have pony rides.

I need some ideas on a cowgirl themed birthday in April, my daughter will be turning 8 yrs old. She loves horses. So far I am ordering those boot shaped mugs, I am going to spend a little more and get the glassware. I wanted to try and do t-shirts with horses on them but I can't find cute ones for under $9 each and with like 15+ girls it could get a bit over the budget.

What do you guys think about decorating dollar store pic frames? Maybe painting them ahead of time and letting them glue on jewels etc? I have a karaoke machine already, do they have a kids bop CD for karaoke? We have a lot of country but a lot of the girls probably like other music. I'd really appreciate any ideas. I love hearing what you all come up with. Thanks a lot!

Tracylynn from NY

Any tips or ideas on games for a cowboy party for a 6 year old. The weather is probably not going to cooperate, so I want to plan indoor games and activities. I appreciate any ideas.

Thanks!

Crissy

How 'bout a round-up scavenger hunt? Hide cowboy type items through the home (isn't there a cow tail candy?) and the winner gets a prize. What about a lasso contest, have the kids try to lasso a pet or stuffed animal.

I am working on the same thing for my four year old. I was thinking of cutting a wooden boot or cactus with holes for bean-bags. What do you think? You could do it in or out.

Here's some quick and easy ideas that me and my son (who is 6) play on rainy days when he's feeling frisky: 1 cowboy hat turned brim up on the ground and tape on the floor in three lines about 6 inches apart from each other in a line backwards, with 1 beanbag or hackysack becomes "Indoor Horseshoes". I bucket filled with dry beans and candy in the bottom becomes a "Frank and Beans" candy contest. I length of rope and a kids chair with a mop propped on it, or a hobby horse becomes "Lasso the Filly". We of course have "Cowboy Blues Tunes" which we sing karaoke to kids-type cowboy songs or kidz bop versions of the adult ones. Food is of course hotdogs on the grill, or our firepit, beans cook in a pan, corn on the cob and beer (Root that is). Then we tell stories around the firepit and make smores. Just some ideas for a mid-winter cowboy style roundup. Good luck and tell him I said Happy Birthday.

I had a Toy Story party for my son, so we combined space and cowboy themes. For a gift bag, I purchased cowboy hats (Oriental Trading) for about $1.00 each (Few years ago), and placed the gift bag in the upsidedown hat, so each boy received a hat when they left (or to wear at your party). Also we had wheelbarrel races. If you have a basement or other large room to race in, this would be a fun game. One person holds anothers feet, belly down, and steers the "wheelbarrel" around an obstacle course of chairs, cardboard cacti(or real potted plants) and anything else you can think of. To make it fair, each child was the "wheelbarrel" once and "cowboy" once. This also took care of SOME of their abundance of energy!! Enjoy and have fun!